The Department of Civil Engineering was started in the year 2014 with an annual intake of 60 undergraduate students. The department provides state of the art lab facilities in the areas of Structural Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Hydraulics, Remote Sensing & Geospatial Information System and Surveying. The department also provides separate computer laboratories for UG students. A department level library with several facilities including rare books are also available.
The department has well qualified, experienced and dedicated faculty for teaching, research and consultancy works. The department has an ambience of high discipline with commitment, conducive for learning and training. It is due to the very good academic environment and the excellent efforts of faculty and supporting staff that the students have brought laurels to the department and institute by securing the highest ranks in the university.
To be a world class academic centre for quality education and research in diverse areas of Civil Engineering, with a strong social commitment.
- To impart quality education in undergraduate level, with strong emphasis on professional ethics and social commitment.
- To provide students and faculty members with opportunities to innovate and disseminate knowledge with research capability.
- To undertake collaborative projects with academia and industry.
Programme Educational Objectives:
- Graduates shall have knowledge in applied and basic engineering sciences to understand engineering principles which is necessary to formulate and solve problems related to Civil Engineering
- Motivate and prepare the graduates to pursue higher studies,research and development thus contributing to the ever increasing academic demands of the country
- To inculcate managerial and entrpreneur skills,ethical and professional attitudes and multidisciplinary approach to meet the needs of industry and society
|PEOs || M1 || M2 ||M3 |
|PEO1: || ✅ || || |
|PEO2: || ||✅ || ✅|
|PEO3: ||✅ || ||✅ |
Management Graduates will be able to:
- 1. An ability to apply the knowledge of Management Principles, Managerial Economics, Business Environment, Financial Management, Marketing Management, Human Resource Management, Quantitative Techniques fundamentals and Management Specializations to the solution of complex management problems.
- 2. An ability to Identify, formulate, review research literature and analyze complex management problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of management.
- 3. An ability to design solutions for management/entrepreneurial/economy problems and design system components or processes that need the specified needs with appropriate consideration for societal, environmental and business considerations.
- 4. An ability to use research based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and implementation of data and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- 5. An ability to create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern multidiscipline management techniques including prediction and modelling to complex management/events with an understanding of the limitations.
- 6. An ability to apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, legal and cultural issues and consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional management practices.
- 7. An ability to understand the impact of the professional of business solutions in societal and environmental context and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- 8. An ability to apply and ethical and moral principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the management practices.
- 9. An ability to function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams in multidisciplinary setting.
- 10. An ability to communicate effectively on complex management activities with the business community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports on policy planning and implementation, make effective presentations and give and receive clear directions.
- 11. An ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the technology and management principles and apply these to once own work as member and a leader in a team to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environment.
- 12. An ability to recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engaging independent and lifelong learning in the broadest context of technological and business changes.
PROGRAM Specific Outcomes:
- 1. An ability to plan, produce detailed drawings, write specification, and prepare cost estimates.
- 2. An ability to function as design consultants in construction industry for the design of civil engineering structures.